Skip to content
- From the Apple menu, open System Preferences.
- Click the Date & Time icon, or open the View menu and click “Date & Time”.
Note: If the padlock at the bottom of the window is closed, click it and enter an administrator name and password. Select the “Date & Time” tab, if it isn’t already selected.
- Select “Set date & time automatically: to set your date and time according to one of Apple’s Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers”.
- Select the “Time Zone” tab.
Note: If the system is unable to determine your location automatically, uncheck “Set time zone automatically using current location” so you can manually set your location.
- On the world map, select your time zone region.
- From the “Closest City” drop-down list, choose Indianapolis for Eastern Time or Chicago for Central Time, etc.