In order to recover your Comcast email password, start by visiting the site where you typically will log in to your email.
If you need help finding this page, visit the link below where it will take you to login:
- Once there, enter the desired email address to log into the correct account.
- Instead of typing your password or selecting “Sign In”, there’s going to be an option below that says “Forgot username or password?“
- Both username and password should be separate links depending on what you’re trying to recover. For password recovery, you’ll select the password link.
- From there you’ll be prompted to enter the Captcha code in order Comast to verify that you’re not a bot.
- Simply type the code from the image generated. If you’re having troubles making out the code you’ll have additional options to verify the code with audio or video. Select “Continue” once your finished entering in the code.
- The next screen you’ll receive is your recovery options. This will depend on what type of recovery options you’ve set up on the account.
- You’ll select how you’d like to receive a code to verify your account.
Comcast Xfinity Recovery Options:
This allows you to receive a reset link via your backup/recovery email you’ve added to the account. When showing you the email they will hide a portion of the address and only give you a hint to what that address is to protect your information from anyone else that may have access to your other email. Select “Email me” and hit “Continue” at the bottom. Now log into the email that is receiving the code and follow the instructions sent in the email.
This allows you to receive a code via your smartphone (that you’ve added as a recovery option to the account) by sending a text message. When showing you the phone number they will hide a portion of the number and only give you a hint by showing you the last 4 digits of your phone. This is to protect your information from anyone else that may have access to that device. Select “Text me” and hit “Continue” at the bottom. Within a few minutes, you should receive a text message with a code. Enter that code on the webpage/URL where they ask for your code.
This allows you to receive a code via the smartphone that you’ve added to the account by sending it as a phone call. When showing you the phone number they will hide a portion of the number and only give you a hint by showing you the last 4 digits of your phone. This is to protect your information from anyone else that may have access to that device. Select “Call me” and hit “Continue” at the bottom. Within a few minutes, you should receive a text message with a code. Enter that code on the webpage/URL where they ask for your code.
Answer my secret question:
This give’s you a security question that should have been set up when first creating the account.
Some examples of questions you might see are ”What was the name of your first pet?” or ”What city were you born in?” or ”What is your favorite beverage?”
These questions can vary. Select “Answer my secret question” and hit the “Continue” button at the bottom. You’ll then be prompted to fill out the answer to your security question.
If verifying one way doesn’t work, simply click “Try another method” at the bottom and try a different recovery option.
Typically you should only have to verify through only one option. However, if your account has been flagged for suspicious activity or something else is wrong with the account, they may have you verify your identity through multiple recovery options or reject you from recovering the account on your own all together. If that’s the case you’ll have to contact Comcast where they can assist you over the phone.